Thursday, April 9, 2009

All Afloat on Noah’s Boat! By Tony Mitton, illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees

Diving in the car one day, all of the sudden my son started to quote this book. It is a book that is read in rhythm and he memorized it. Sometimes he needed a word to start him on the storyline but once given a word he took off with the rest of the story and all this when only 4. Since I had checked it out over and over from the library and my kids begged for it, we asked for it for Christmas. Since then it is a story that is pulled off the shelf on a regular basis. The story is not all that fascinating, a retelling of Noah’s Ark and while the pictures are fun, it is the way the story is read that makes it awesome. If you read it aloud a few times you will pick up on the rhythm. I try to exaggerate it. Perhaps I will be able to get an audio up so that it is easier to understand what I mean. This book will be adored by babies on up. My 8 year old looked up from the book he was reading to pause and listen because the story’s sound is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment