Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bayern Books by Shannon Hale

Shannon Hale wrote a series of 4 books following 4 different girls on their journey to discover their own strengths despite feeling that they are filled with weakness or inferiority. There was something I could relate to in each character as the author is able to spin her words and create characters we would want to be friends with. The first book in the series is called The Goose Girl and it follows a princess who doesn’t really feel she is capable or wanted or even loved. Along her path she finds that she is strong and ready to face danger, hard work, hatred and even abandonment. She is a girl able to face adversity and win. Society often portrays girls and women as weak but truly they are strong and in each of these books we see that story unfold and present itself. Not one of these characters is perfect but I could call each of them friend and in them I find qualities I too want to develop. My favorite character is from the Forest Born book and her name is Rin. I wish I could be as encouraging as she is and as unselfish. Which character is most like you? Which do you wish you were more like?

No comments:

Post a Comment