Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Spider Sparrow by Dick King-Smith



This beautiful and simple story touched my heart.  The boy in the story is an abandoned child left to a shepherd and his wife who have wanted children for many years. They love this small boy who they quickly realize is not going to be like other children.  They raise him and repeat over and over that they hope their son will be happy.  I loved the story because for most parents we just want our children to be happy no matter their circumstances.  As a parent I care very little if my child is the best at something and my concern is for their growth and development, whatever that level might be.  In this story, the parents help Spider reach his full potential and they are satisfied with the moments they have with their unique son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment